Followers

Grab My Button!

Grab My Button!

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using the digital kit, "Running and Jumping" by Vinnie Pierce.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Sugar and spice and everything nice....

Dear Marley,

Wow it's been quite the week around here. All of the cousins in one house without their parents has made for many adventures. Jacy (4yrs) , Delaney (4yrs) , Lily (3yrs) , Rory (2yrs), Jadyn ( 7 mos) and you . 6 girls 4 years old and under has definently given your mamaw and I both more gray hair. From jumping naked on the trampoline to digging in the dirt they have pretty much done it all this week.

You also got your glasses this week. You are so cute in them! Your uncle Chris says you look like a Japanese anime character. They make your eyes and your long eyelashes look gigantic. It's really fun to see you noticing more and more things around you now that you can actually see clearly. We went grocery shopping yesterday and you were smiling and talking to all of the brightly colored items on the shelves.

Some days its so easy to forget that there is anything different about you. You appear to be doing everything a 3 month old should be doing. You are trying to reach for your toys and you smile and coo at everyone and everything. But then I see a picture of one of your sisters when they were small with their arms raised over their heads or their legs stretched out and I remember.... I wonder if we will ever play " How big is Marley?" or if the fact that you won't bear any weight on your legs right now is going to bear signifigance for your future mobility?

Every time I wonder any of these things out loud everyone is quick to silence me and tell me that you will be fine. I feel like there is such a fine line between blindly believing that you will be okay and being pessimistic enough about your future to make sure that you are getting all of the help and services you need. RCDP in and of itself is so rare and you fall into an even rarer category because you are thriving and doing many of the things you "shouldn't" be able to.

I know that I need to learn to simply enjoy every day of you being you instead of just holding my breath and waiting for the other shoe to fall.

I am so thankful that you are a part of our family, you have already taught us so much in 3 short months and I can't wait to see what the rest of your life holds both for you and for us.

love,
mom

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweet Mommie Crystal. I love this idea of journaling to your daughter. I am doing one in a journal book instead of online, but I like that everyone can share in your experience with this. Thank you so much for sharing and allowing us this glimpse into your life and your beautiful family! vickie

    ReplyDelete