Followers

Grab My Button!

Grab My Button!

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using the digital kit, "Running and Jumping" by Vinnie Pierce.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

3 years and 2 months later

It's so hard for me to believe that I haven't updated this blog in over 3 years. It doesn't seem possible that you are 4 years old . I think of all the months and days and hours and moments that have slipped through my fingers and it is overwhelming. I wish that I could turn back time and write down all of the small things that I know I have already forgotten. But the truth is most days are just as chaotic as they were that first year and maybe more so . You and your sisters and Brice are older now and in school and tumbling and swim and play dates and learning to drive and a million other things it seems.
So much has changed in 3 years and yet so much is still the same.
You are still you. Equal parts joy and determination and tenacity and sweetness, You radiate happiness. Even with a giant metal contraption screwed to your skull you still smile and laugh. We have no need to guess at what you might want anymore. You tell us in full sentences exactly what you need and when you need it. So much of where we physically go on a daily basis is determined by your medical needs. Dr's appointments and surgeries and follow ups non stop. But what we do that's a different story. That my sweet girl is determined by you. You are the ringmaster and we are your troupe of trained monkeys. You will often catch us shaking our heads and discussing how spoiled you are but we don't do much to fix it. You have each of us trained in different ways but the truth is we all live for your shrieks of happiness when we enter a room. Even if we've only been gone 5 minutes you act as though we are royalty when we return.
I think I spent your whole first year frantically putting together the milestones that you met that would signify that you were going to beat RCDP and live a "normal" life. I've spent the last 3 years thanking God that he made you exactly the way that you are. I would give anything to take away the pain that you endure on a daily basis but I wouldn't trade you for a million versions of  "normal" . You are the thread of sunshine that holds us all together.
I'll do my best to catch you up on more details from the past 3 years soon but for now know that I am so proud of who you are and so incredibly proud that God chose you for me.
I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. 1xbet korean - Registration, Bonus, Deposit Methods
    A 1xbet korean bet is one of the most 1xbet 후기 popular in Asian football leagues. To gain an advantage of the bet and to gain some valuable benefits,

    ReplyDelete